Beef stew in almond sauce (Estofado de ternera con salsa de almendras)



Today I prepared to my family a beef stew in almond sauce and I want to share it with you.

Yesterday I bought some beef from Galicia, a Northern region of Spain. It´s famous for its good beef and fish. I made a stew with an almond sauce. This sauce is from the South of Spain, from Arabic cuisine but it is used all over the Mediterranean. I hope you like it as my family likes.

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 Kilo of good beef
1/2 Onion
1 Clove of garlic
1/2 Cup of chopped almonds
2 Slices of french bread
3 or 4 Saffron pistils
1 Cup of white wine
1 Cup of water
Good spanish olive oil
Salt and pepper

Put some olive oil in a casserole, when it´s hot add the beef and fry it. Add some salt and pepper.
Chop the garlic and almonds up. Place in a frying pan on medium heat with a drizzle of oil and salt and cook. Add the bread and fry it. Add the onion and fry it, add the saffron, the wine and the water.

Wait 2 or 3 minutes for the wine´s alcohol to evaporate.

Use an electric mixer or a food processor to puree it.

Add this puree to the beef and simmer it until the beef is soft.

Serve it with some rice or pasta.

Comments

  1. This sounds really good! I'm actually the opposite of you--hablo ingles pero aprendo espanol (o mejor dicho, trato de mantener el espanol que he aprendido), pero a mi me encanta la comida y comer como tu. :) yo tambien tengo un blog donde hablo sobre la comida, pero enfoco mas en los restaurantes donde he comido y no mucho en las recetas como tu (aunque tengo unas recetas). te avisare cuando cocino este estofado y happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias Caroline
    Espero que te guste el estofado.
    Hablas, en este caso escribes, muy bien español. Seguro que mucho mejor que yo inglés.
    Your blog looks gorgeous. I´m going to visit it frecuently

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts