Caramelized vegetable´s muffins (Muffins con verduras caramelizadas)



I made some savory muffins this weekend. They´re a perfect garnishing for a beef stew or if you serve it with green salad it´ll be a nice lunch.
My inspiration for this recipe comes from Lazy blog. They organized a recipe contest and I decided to participate in it with this recipe.
One of the requirements of the competition is that you have to make a Lazy Blog´s recipe or get inspired by it. I made my own version of this recipe.

Ingredients:

8.8Oz (250g) of Wheat flour
1 Spoon of Baking power
7Oz (200g) of Quark cheese or similar.
1.7Oz (50g) of Milk
1 egg
60ml of Olive oil
Salt and pepper.

We´ll need muffin molds.

Caramelized vegetable´s ingredients:
8.8Oz (250g) of Whatever vegetables you have (I used some zucchini, asparagus, carrots and leeks)
3 Spoon of olive oil
Salt and pepper

Preheat the oven 380ºF (190ºC).
Chop the vegetables. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, then put the chopped vegetables in it. Stir it. Turn down the heat and cook it for at least 15 minutes. Stir it meanwhile. Near the end of the time add 1 spoon of fresh water and stir it with the vegetables.

Put the flour, the baking power, the salt and the pepper in a bowl and mix them.
Put the fresh cheese, the milk, the egg and the olive oil in another bowl and blend all the liquid ingredients together.
pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl with the solid ones. Add the caramelized vegetables. Mix them with enveloping movements. Pour into the muffin molds and put them in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Once they´re baked turn the oven off and open the oven´s door a little to let the muffins cool down. Wait 10 minutes and take the muffins out the oven

Con esta receta participo en el concurso "Cocinando con Lazy Blog" patrocinado por Artemática Producciones, Carne Villa María, Boffard, I love Aceite y Pyrex.

Comments

  1. Very very nice version of my recipe. Than U so much for your kind aportation to the contest. Wish you have good luck and thank you again.

    Regards

    Paco, from Lazy blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a wonderful recipe and I'm eager to try it! Your blog is lovely and your photos are beautiful. I found your link on TasteSpotting and I look forward to trying more of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Cherylk. I hope you enjoy all my recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE caramelized anything, especially onions. I also love the idea of making these in ramekins- they look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look awesome, I bet they are good all on their own too. Thanks so much for the recipe to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you mum ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Te conozco gracias a Pakus, tienes un blog precioso, me quedo por tu cocina y me llevo algunas recetas con tu permiso por supuesto!

    Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lo que quieras Valerie.
    Por cierto he visitado tu blog y es increible y en tres idiomas!! Tus fotos son preciosas. Me he hecho seguidora y creo que probaré también alguna de tus recetas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. I can imagine making these to go with my next stew or hearty salad. I do love savoury muffins; thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vengo del blog de Pakus, Coincidimos en los 3 hobbies, solo que, en el blog, me quedo con la cocina y el interes por la fotografia. Con el inglés no me atrevo. Me encantan tus fotos y tus recetas asi que pienso visitarte a menudo.

    Besos y suerte en el concurso, Beatriz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Una buena noticia... También has ganado uno de los lotes de sartenes de Pyrex me lo acaban de decir. Mira en mi blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Paz, thanks for submitting your lovely photo to DMBLGiT July 2011. Wishing you good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maravillosa receta!!! Y me ha encantado lo que he visto dando una vuelta por tu blog.
    Un besote

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me he enamorado de tus muffins... delightful!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gracias Laube. Me alegro de que te guste

    ReplyDelete
  16. Felicidades, has ganado uno de los premios del Evento Photo Blog por la fotografía de este post.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Felicidades,tu foto es magnífica!!
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pictures are an absolute delight, and so is your recipe. We would be glad if you could submit it on our site. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Baking Classes in Velachery will help you out to make the best muffin at your home which will be fluffy ,delicious with berries , chocolate and nuts. Experts will let you know the best ways of making these muffins.


    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice recipe. Very tasty. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts