Wheat salad with mint and parsley (Tabouleh)


I have a book that´s been with me for at least 20 years. It costs very little, it´s a pocket edition and is one of the best investment I have ever made. Its title is "La cocina mediterránea" by Lourdes March.

Today´s recipe is from this book. It´s a salad from Lebanon but is well known in all the Mediterranean and I think in much of the rest of the world: The Tabbouleh salad.



Ingredients:

1.80 Ounces of burghul wheat or cous cous

2 Tomatoes

1/2 Onion

8 Spoons of parsley

2 Spoons of mint

Salt and pepper

The juice of 2 lemon

4 Spoons of good Spanish olive oil

1 Lettuce


Chop the tomatoes, the onion, the parsley and the mint. Cook the burghul wheat or the cous cous follow the package´s directions. When it´s cooked and cold, place it in a bowl, add the olive oil, the lemon juice and some salt.
Then mix the burghul wheat or the cous cous with the tomatoes, the onions, the parsley and the mint. Try it and add more salt, lemon or olive oil if it is necessary.

Serve on the lettuce leaves as the pictures shows.


Comments

  1. Hi,
    I am learning English and I like cooking as well. I am enjoying your recipies and at the same time I can improve my English, which is great!!

    Hugo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´m glad you like it and also learn English. Be careful sometimes I make mistakes;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, first of all, congrats for your job. I really like cooking and I´m also trying to learn english, but I´m afraid mine is not good as yours. I didn´t know that recipe, I´m going to cook it this weekend.
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Eva.
    I hope you enjoy this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for your blog!!

    I like cooking too, but I don't have time enough to do it, but I will follow your blog for sure!!

    Thanks for doing this great job and for sharing it with us!!

    Mònica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Monica, for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! This is very funny. I started my own blog a few weeks ago and it's very similar to yours! I don't have any followers though. It's a good idea to write it in English but I'm afraid I don't have time. http://comerdetupper.blogspot.com

    Good luck and continue posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi comerdetupper:

    Your blog look gorgeous.
    It has the first follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great concept! I'm going to do this with quinoa! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quinoa certainly will be great too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love you mum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  12. The salad looks so fresh and inviting. I usually make it with quinoa or cracked wheat(if I am running out of couscous). Wil try this for sure. Luckily , I have mint and parsley both in my fridge...:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts